Monday, January 17, 2011

Superman is dead


Superman went down in flames this week. He fell from his lofty view and crashed and burned and he deserves every little bit if his demise. My step-father being the all American dad with wholesome family values, the guy who would pull over and help a stranded driver on the side of the road, change their tire, and then give them some extra gas money to make sure they get home safe, the MacGyver man who could build anything and I mean anything out of anything decided to construct a double life for the last 5 years with his high school sweetheart in Arkansas unbeknown to my devoted mother. Now I know men cheating on their wives is nothing new but I also know men have evolved enough to be in control of their libido.

There have been multiple relationships that have recently ended in infidelity and my question is:  What happened to men growing up to be a good man? What happened to them wanting to be Clark Kent, Brandon Walsh or even Al Bundy, while a cynical character, he was ultimately a good father and husband. Now men admire and covet the Hank Moodys, Charlie Harpers and Greg Houses. Womanizing, disrespectful and completely narcissistic. 

I want my good guys back. I think we all deserve it and should accept nothing less.

2 comments:

  1. Oh...that upsets me so much. I am super pissed on behalf of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah man! That's just awful! Really awful. I am so sorry to hear that. Good men really are few and far between. And double life? as in wife and kids? Crazy, how do they live with themselves?

    ReplyDelete